Life is pink

The adventures of an American ex-pat living in France.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

pictures, as promised

Here are some pictures from Paris and Thanksgiving.

I also want to make a quick comment about transportation in France. So, I take the bus and the train wherever I need to go, pretty much. There is a train station in my town, so I can get to wherever I need to go. Unfortunately, I'm not always able to do that. Not because my weekends are too busy, oh no, but because there is a greve at the train station or with the buses. A greve is mostly the same thing as a strike, except no one walks around with signs and no one really knows what the purpose of the greve is for, either. So, this weekend I had plans to go to a lovely Christmas village in Amiens and also to see the largest cathedral in all of France. But no, there are no trains to Amiens this weeken
d because the workers have decided to have a greve. It's great. Anyway, back to the pictures.

By the way, Mike, you can see I still have the same boyfriend. Thank you for your faith!

1 Comments:

At 1:20 PM, Blogger mike hanson said...

Hello Jenna, pleased to see another photo of Sidney. He must be quite the guy to have lasted this long. Why is he named after an Australian city?

Interesting to hear about the low murder rate in France - NZ has reasonably low murder (no guns!) but it still seems higher than France which is a much larger country. I will need to check this out.

I am intrigued at how France maintains a high standard of living given that they seem to spend very little time actually working.

Fresh turkeys are the only way to go - the frozen ones are too dry.

Sounds like France still has fresh food - so much better than the processed stuff. I think fresh food is making a great comeback in the States but you still have to know where to look for it.

Have a nice Christmas

Uncle Mike

 

Post a Comment

<< Home